We are introducing our innovative Steerable Punch.
The Steerable Punch is the first fully detachable and reusable arthroscopic cutter that allows the surgeon to steer the tip inside the joint during knee surgery. This is achieved by a new patented shaft actuated tip articulation (SATA) mechanism, that allows tip steering up to 110 degrees for precision cutting. Therefore this single steerable punch reduces the number of surgical cutting tools required on the operation table and reduces the force exerted on the portals during surgery.
Our unique combination of rigidity (to cut tough tissue), cleanability (to be reused) and adjustable bending radius (to access difficult areas) are essential aspects required in arthroscopic surgery that cannot be found in other endoscopic instruments.
Unique steerable instrument
Due to its design and maximum reachability, a single Steerable Punch replaces multiple pre-curved punches per surgery.
It has the following unique features:
- Tip steering allows easy cutting even on remote locations on the menisci.
- A lean configuration allowing fast coupling and decoupling of the instrument and tip.
- High stiffness and precision in handling, and smooth cutting of meniscal edges.
- Easy to disassemble for cleaning and sterilization. This allows the Steerable Punch to be reused, reducing expenses for the hospital.
- The new ergonomically designed steering shaft is intuitive in use and prevents surgeon fatigue.
Surge-on Medical expects to place the Steerable Punch on the market at the end of 2018.